自卑还是自信?正反可读英文诗引热议
全文和译文如下:
I'm very ugly
我很丑
So don't try to convince me that
所以别试图说服我
I am a very beautiful person
我长得很好看
Because at the end of the day
因为说到底
I hate myself in every single way
我都恨我自己的一切
And I'm not going to lie to myself by saying
而我也不会骗我自己说
There is beauty inside of me that matters
内心的美才是最重要的
So rest assured I will remind myself
所以放心我会提醒自己
That I am a worthless, terrible person
我是一个一文不值还很糟糕的人
And nothing you say will make me believe
而无论你说什么也不会让我相信
I still deserve love
我仍然值得被爱
Because no matter what
因为无论如何
I am not good enough to be loved
我都不配被爱
And I am in no position to believe that
我也没有任何理由相信
Beauty does exist within me
我有任何美丽的痕迹
Because whenever I look in the mirror I always think
因为当我对着镜子我总是在想
Am I as ugly as people say?
我真的像别人说的那么丑吗?
这首诗正着读,似乎是在抱怨自己丑陋。但从后往前读,你会发现整首诗洋溢着自信。
Our inner talk and how we feel about ourselves is very important. Take a moment to think about how you are treating yourself on a daily basis.
和自己内心的交流以及对自我的感受非常重要。花一点时间思考一下你每天是如何看待自己的吧。
Don't let others define you. You define yourself.
别让他人定义你,你定义你自己。
仅仅换一个视角就会发现意思完全不同,既十分有趣又耐人寻味。
来源:中国日报双语新闻
经典回顾